Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Typical Day

Aunt Julie recently baby-sat the twins for a day. Tracy wrote up a schedule to help her sister, so I thought I would post this little insight to a typical day.

Eugene and Olivia's Schedule

8:00am - Wake Up and diaper change. I usually put PBS on the TV and bring whoever is changed first downstairs. I put them in the Exersaucerer to watch TV until I finish changing the other one.

8:15-8:30 - Feed bottles. Eugene and Olivia both get 7 ounce bottles.

9:30 - Solids. I usually put them in the high chairs but feel free to use the booster seats that are in the spare bedroom. I feed them cereal (use the oatmeal today) and a fruit. I split a jar of the fruit between the two of them and then each of them get 1/4 cup of the dry cereal mixed with formula. You can also put water in the sippy cups for them if you'd like.

10:30 or 10:45 - Nap time. This is an estimate. I like them to be up by 12:30 and not to nap more than 2 hours. So, if they can't make it any later than 10:30, go ahead and put them down. If they look like they could stay up longer, they can stay up but no later than 11:00. They are usually ready for a nap by 10:30 or so.

12:30 - Wake from nap and diaper changes. I usually put on PBS again for the same routine.

12:45-1:00 - Feed bottles. Eugene gets 7 ounces and Olivia gets 6 ounces.

3:15 or 3:30 - Nap time.

4:30 - Wake from nap and diaper changes.

4:45-5:00 - Feed bottles. Eugene and Olivia get 7 ounces.

5:15 - Mommy's home!! (smiley face)

Notes: Olivia has had a tough time with naps lately. She had a hard time falling asleep and will usually cry for a bit. The morning nap goes better than the afternoon nap. I would let her fuss/cry for at least 15 minutes because she will usually fall asleep on her own. But, after 15 minutes you can go up and rock her if necessary. That will usually do the trick.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home