Monday, December 12, 2005

Unnecessary Parental Competitiveness

I know all parents are proud of their children. And I don't mean to brag. But, I must say, my son is really advanced.

Eugene has just gotten his seventh tooth. That's right. He has seven teeth! The boy is barely 8 months old, and he's out-pacing kids twice his age.

Now, I understand some children are dentally challenged. Parents, don't worry if your 1 year old is still working on his first top tooth. Every child develops at their own pace. They will eventually end up with the same number of teeth.

My kid just happens to be kicking your kid's butt!

5 Comments:

Blogger David Lim said...

Congratulations to Eugene on seven teeth! Isn't being a Dad great? I thought sports was the ultimate high, but nothing compares to the pride you get when your off-spring does something amazing like, oh, sucks her thumb for the first time! :-)

1:43 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Gene said...

Bring on those firsts! The one thing I'm looking forward to is the ability of the kids to feed themselves. I'd almost be willing to trade a Steelers playoff spot for that. Almost.

11:51 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Gene. You are talking crazy. My kids CAN feed themselves. However, I would be willing to feed them all of their meals by hand again for a month for a Bucs first round bye.

2:11 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Gene said...

Maybe the formula fumes are making me delirious. I've said all season that our destiny lies in Detroit where we'll bring Jerome Bettis back to his hometown for a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! WOHOO! GO STEELERS!...Whew...Thanks, Sarah, for bringing me back to reality.

2:38 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I do what I can.

2:43 PM, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home